Monday, July 6, 2015

Walkin' in the rain!

I don't have a ton of time but this week went by so quickly! We went to San Salvador on Tuesday for some immigration stuff which was fun. All my CCM friends came with us so it was super cool to catch up with them and hear their stories after a week in the field. I'm starting to really get to know the area and the people. It's so hot and humid and I've never walked so much in my life but it's so beautiful here and the people are so humble. There is fruit everywhere and a ton of fruit that you can find in the states. Oh man, the mangos!! We always look for ripe ones in the trees, then throw rocks to knock them down haha it's pretty funny. They taste sooo good. Talpas are pretty great too.

Sundays mornings are pretty crazy. Every morning before church we run around (sometimes literally) tracking down our investigators to get them to church!  One girl Fatima who is going to get baptized this month lives in the middle of a huge cane field and is too young to walk to church so we have to get her before and drop her off after. But she is so sweet.

One last story, last night we were in our last appointment and it started to pour! It was the biggest thunderstorm I have ever seen in my life. We tried waiting a little but it didn't let up at all. We had to get home so we walked 40 minutes in the downpour. I thought we were going to get struck by lightning hahaha it was crazy. Love you all.

Elder Tobar

No comments:

Post a Comment